Innovative Curb Inlet Filters
The Dandy Curb is made especially for curb inlets and median inlets without grates. It's designed to handle the worst that sludge-filled rainwater has to offer, filtering out the slowed flow that is easily captured by the Dandy Curb prior to entering the inlet. Sediment doesn't stand a chance.
Get Maximum Benefits with Dandy
- One-of-a-kind patented design keeps silt and debris out of storm systems
- Specially designed to quickly conform to the shape of the curb
- Built-in protective overflow design
- Reduces or eliminates the need to flush or clean inlets, saving time and money
- Easily seen because it's fabricated from a bright orange monofilament geotextile
- Sizes to fit any curb and inlet
- Available with optional oil absorbents
- Easy to install, maintain, inspect and reuse
Installation and Maintenance Guidelines
- Place the Dandy Curb on the ground with aggregate pouch on street side near the inlet on which it will be installed.
- Open Velcro access pouch located on the street side of the unit.
- If using optional oil absorbents, place sock in pouch and push back in pouch.
- Fill pouch with aggregate to a level that will keep the unit in place during an event and create a seal between the Dandy Curb and the surface of the street.
- Reseal Velcro access. Center the unit against a curb or median inlet opening so that there is an equal length of the Dandy Curb overhanging on each side of the opening.
- Remove all accumulated sediment and debris from the surface and vicinity of the unit after each storm event.
- If using optional oil absorbents, remove and replace absorbents when they near saturation.