Innovative Curb Inlet Filters
The Dandy Curb is made especially for curb inlets and median inlets without grates. It's designed to handle the worst that sludge-filled rainwater has to offer, filtering out the slowed flow that is easily captured by the Dandy Curb prior to entering the inlet. Sediment doesn't stand a chance.
Get Maximum Benefits with Dandy
- One-of-a-kind patented design keeps silt and debris out of storm systems
- Specially designed to quickly conform to the shape of the curb
- Built-in protective overflow design
- Reduces or eliminates the need to flush or clean inlets, saving time and money
- Easily seen because it's fabricated from a bright orange monofilament geotextile
- Sizes to fit any curb and inlet
- Available with optional oil absorbents
- Easy to install, maintain, inspect and reuse
Installation and Maintenance Guidelines
- Place the Dandy Curb on the ground with aggregate pouch on street side near the inlet on which it will be installed.
- Open Velcro access pouch located on the street side of the unit.
- If using optional oil absorbents, place sock in pouch and push back in pouch.
- Fill pouch with aggregate to a level that will keep the unit in place during an event and create a seal between the Dandy Curb and the surface of the street.
- Reseal Velcro access. Center the unit against a curb or median inlet opening so that there is an equal length of the Dandy Curb overhanging on each side of the opening.
- Remove all accumulated sediment and debris from the surface and vicinity of the unit after each storm event.
- If using optional oil absorbents, remove and replace absorbents when they near saturation.
To access our other sediment control and inlet protections solutions, please do so from the menu above or by returning to our curb inlet filters page.