You can tell it's a Dandy the moment you open it up. Our patented flagship bag is designed to take a lot of hard knocks. Use the Dandy Bag with flat grates (including round) and mountable curbs to filter out all the sludgy sediment-laden storm water. The suspended solids are allowed to settle out of the slowed flow and are captured by the Dandy Bag prior to entering the inlet, ensuring you regulatory compliance performance.
Get Maximum Benefits with Dandy
- Unique, patented design keeps silt, sediment, and debris out of storm systems
- Reduces or eliminates the need to flush or clean inlets
- Fabricated from a highly visible orange monofilament geotextile so it can be seen in any weather
- Sizes built to fit any inlet in any municipality
- Very easy to install, maintain, inspect
- Can be re-used
Installation and Maintenance Guidelines
- Empty Dandy Bag should be placed over the grate as the grate stands on end.
- If using optional oil absorbents, place absorbent pillow in pouch on bottom of unit and attach pillow to tether loop.
- Holding the lifting device (do not rely on lifting device to support entire weight of grate), place the grate into its frame.
- Remove all accumulated sediment and debris from the surface and vicinity of the unit after each storm event.
- Remove the sediment that has accumulated within the containment area of the Dandy Bag as needed.
- If using optional oil absorbents, remove and replace absorbent pillow when near saturation.