Tufftrack Grassroad Pavers are manufactured in rigid 24" square panels for maximum strength. With a compressive strength of 81,744 psf, Tufftrack pavers stabilize the soil to support heavy vehicles like fire trucks while allowing turf to grow. Manufactured from 100% recycled HDPE, these turf pavers are a sustainable solution for areas of high traffic that might otherwise be covered with asphalt or concrete.
Recommended Applications: Fire lanes, emergency vehicle access roads, truck maintenance and equipment yards, construction entrance soil stabilization, truck & cart wash-down areas, RV & boat access and parking, residential driveways, parking lots, overflow parking lots, roadways shoulders, runoff areas, equestrian parks, and erosion control.
New Features & Benefits
New Clip Design: The new Tufftrack paver panels feature a sturdy clip designed to make top-down installation easy. Simply place the male clips of one panel onto the female clips of the adjacent panel and push down to lock in place.
Webbed Cell Design: The new NDS Tufftrack is designed with a webbed cell that keeps fill material in place, preventing gravel from slipping under the paver and lifting the cells while still creating an environment that allows for root growth through the cell. This makes the Tufftrack paver ideal for both grass and gravel applications.
- The TT-24 grass pavers can be placed either directly over soil with our without a sub aggregate base. See diagram below for specific application installation recommendations.
- TT-24 Grass Pavers feature a webbed bottom to keep the paver from "cookie cutting" through the soil.
- TT-24 Installation Diagram (click to enlarge):
Installation Guide & Technical Information
- Permeable surfaces eliminate or reduce stormwater runoff
- Stormwater filters naturally through subsurface, reducing pollutants
- Urban Heat Island (UHI) effect is mitigated as grass does not absorb as much heat energy as traditional hardscapes
- Pavers are made of 100% recycled plastic
- Unique tongue-and-groove clips are extremely easy to install, cutting installation time in half and reducing labor costs.
- The reinforced grass root zone is protected by a grid work of hexagonal cells, allowing for healthy grass growth under strenuous conditions.
- Tufftrack reduces demands put on landscape drainage system.
- Utilizing Tufftrack is less expensive to maintain over time than traditional hardscaping.
- Tufftrack provides a more pleasing aesthetic than traditional hardscaping.
- Tufftrack can be used for grass and gravel applications due to its webbed cell design.
Additional Technical Information
Tufftrack Grassroad Pavers Guide Specification
Bio Retention Pavers for Detention
Infiltration Paver for Infiltration
Tufftrack Grass Road Pavers Fire Heavy Load
Tufftrack Grass Road Pavers Light Load
Tufftrack Grass Road Pavers Medium Load
Tufftrack Grass Road Pavers No Sub Base
Grassroad Pavers Tufftrack
Case study: Fire lane - Union High School - Tulsa, OK -
Case study: Emergency access lane - Central Park, TX -
Case study: Emergency access lane - Hilton Garden Inn - Elk - Grove, CA -
Case study: Fire access lane - Brookwood Apts - San Jose, CA -